Launched in fall 2018, the LGBTQIA Resource Center Faculty/Staff Liaison program aims to strengthen relationships between the Center and departments across campus, creating a vast network of professionals who provide and share resources and information for and about the LGBTQIA community.
The program is an opportunity for faculty and staff to build collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with the LGBTQIA Resource Center so that we might optimally and collectively serve the LGBTQIA community at Georgia Tech.
Recruitment is now closed. Applications will be accepted again in Fall 2022. If you have any questions before then, please email us.
Faculty/Staff Liaisons are
employees of Georgia Tech who:
- serve as a link between their office/department and the LGBTQIA Resource Center, communicating information about LGBTQIA trainings, events, and resources to their colleagues and department leadership
- serve as a resource and signpost for faculty, staff, and students in their department who are seeking information about LGBTQIA campus and community resources
- support the LGBTQIA Resource Center by attending, participating in, or helping to coordinate programs, services or events
- communicate news, updates, questions, and information about LGBTQIA issues from their home department to the LGBTQIA Resource Center when appropriate
- Must be a current, full-time permanent Georgia Tech employee or affiliate (such as a campus chaplain)
- Must have completed Safe Space training or be willing to complete it by the end of the fall semester
- Completion of Trans 101 is not required but is recommended and preferred
- Complete 1 training/on-boarding session lasting 90 minutes at the end of summer or beginning of fall
- Attend 2 1-hour Liaison Team meetings per semester to receive Center updates, provide program feedback, and share insights from your experiences serving as a Liaison
- Ability to demonstrate cultural competency and compassion in working with LGBTQIA individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and identities
- Serve 1 year as a Liaison with an option to renew the commitment each subsequent year