SPRING 2021 DATES
Please read the following important information about Trans 101 before registering.
What is Trans 101?
Trans 101 is the LGBTQIA Resource Center's introductory education program designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to support transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender questioning individuals at Georgia Tech.
Trainings last 2.5 hours and cover trans-inclusive language and practices, challenges facing trans people at Tech and nationally, and resources for supporting trans communities on campus. Trainings are open to students, faculty, and staff.
What will I learn in this training?
As a result of completing Trans 101 training, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate the terms transgender, cisgender, gender identity, gender expression, assigned sex, and transition
- Define terminology related to transgender identities, including trans man, trans woman, non-binary, genderqueer, and agender
- Identify and implement respectful trans-inclusive practices and behaviors pertinent to their role on campus
- Describe their own gender identity, and situate it within systems of privilege
- Describe two barriers that transgender people face at Georgia Tech
When are trainings held?
In Spring 2021, trainings will take place at the following times:
Thursday, Feb 18th from 2:00pm-4:30pm
Wednesday, March 24th from 9:30am-12:00pm
How can I register for Trans 101?
Spaces in trainings are very limited. Please only register for a training if you are committed to attending. If your plans change and you can no longer attend, please let us know as early as possible so that we can open your spot up to someone else. No-shows and late cancelations prevent someone else from taking your place.
Accessibility Information -- these will be updated relating to remote programming shortly.
Event Space: All trainings will take place virtually in the Fall 2020. We will use either or Microsoft Teams for the training.
Training Materials: The training is delivered using slides with minimal text. Some handouts are printed in 14pt font and others in 12pt. Please notify us if you require large-print electronic handouts or a digital copy of the slide deck in advance.
Activities/Movement: The training consists of multiple discussions, breakout rooms and a few activities. No activity will require movement to engage with. We can modify any aspect of the training with advance notice.