On-Campus Organizations and Events
LGBTQIA Resource Center Programs
There are a number of ways for LGBTQIA graduate students to get involved with programs and initiatives in the Center:
- Our Q Chats Discussion Groups are open to undergraduate and graduate students, and we recruit students to serve as volunteers on an as-needed basis.
- Graduate students looking to gain workshop facilitation skills can apply to be a Safe Space: Peer Educator during our recruitment period.
- Graduate students can sign up to be honored at our annual Lavender Graduation.
- There is a secret Facebook group for LGBTQIA graduate students to make social plans with each other. Email us to learn how to be added.
- The Center offers social and professional development events for LGBTQIA graduate students specifically throughout the year.
Sign up for our newsletter to be notified about future events and opportunities including facilitator recruitment. Note: The Center's newsletter is different from the Grad Pride one. Sign up for both so you don't miss out on events and updates.
Graduate students can also make an appointment with Dr. Aby Parsons, director of the Center, or Camilla Brewer, the Center's coordinator, to discuss concerns around identity, coming out, more locating resources on and off campus.