WE ARE RECRUITING FACILITATORS TO START SPRING 2017.
PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY AND APPLY USING THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
Greek Allies is a joint initiative between the LGBTQIA Resource Center and Greek Affairs. The program is designed to train fraternity and sorority members in practicing allyship to LGBTQIA members so that they can make their chapters more inclusive. Learn more about Greek Allies.
What does being a facilitator involve?
As a facilitator, you will undergo training to equip you with the skills and knowledge to lead Greek Allies sessions for other Greek students. Training consists of a 4-hour Train the Trainer session where you will go through the program as participants. This is mandatory even if you've completed the training before. The date for this Train the Trainer session is Tuesday, 24th January from 5-9pm. Dinner is provided. You will then complete two 1-hour lunchtime training sessions to go over logistics, scheduling, and facilitator protocol.
Once you have completed training, you will be eligible to facilitate a session with an experienced facilitator. Everyone on the team is expected to facilitate 1-2 sessions per semester for the Greek community. All sessions are in the evening from 5-9pm.
Facilitators also assist with the promoting the program at chapter meetings, via email to their chapters and peers, and through word-of-mouth at Greek community events.
Who can apply to be a facilitator?
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current member (in good standing) of a fraternity or sorority at Georgia Tech
- Be able to attend mandatory training from 5-9pm on Tuesday, 24th January
- Able to commit to facilitating for at least one year, preferably more (so your graduation date must be December 2017 or later)
- Be reliable and committed to the program; all training is mandatory, and you must arrive at your scheduled sessions fully prepared and on time
- Be knowledgeable about LGBTQIA issues and communities
- Be a confident, clear, and articulate speaker/presenter
How can I apply?
Complete our online application by Sunday, 11th December.